Because we care.
Shorade work closely with Insurance companies and brokers, as a manufacturer approved bodyshop we have you and your vehicles best interest at heart. Here are some frequently asked questions:
- My Insurer is telling me I have to use their own Approved Repairer, is this correct?
You have the right to use the Repairer of your choice. Your Insurer may advise you to use their own Approved Repairer, but the final choice remains with you, the Policyholder. All Insurers have an obligation governed by the FSA to ‘Treat customers fairly’.
- The Accident wasn’t My Fault, why should I have to claim on my own Policy?
If the accident wasn’t your fault, you do not have to claim on your own policy. We can obtain authority to repair your vehicle directly through the at-fault Insurers, supply a like for like replacement vehicle for the duration of repairs, remove the need for you to pay any excess, and obtain re-imbursement for any out of pocket expenses.
Should your insurance policy carry a compulsory or voluntary Excess you will be required to pay this amount directly to us. The Excess amount may differ from your standard Excess amount if a driver other than the policy holder was driving the car at the time of the incident.
When it comes to your car, chances are you’re relying on what’s hidden under the bonnet to run smoothly and without any problems. At Hiscox, we think motor insurance should work the same way.
We respect the fact you may have chosen to drive something a bit more special than a standard vehicle. So, we include features you won’t find in standard cover:
- a three-year guarantee on repairs carried out by an approved garage.
- a 24-hour, 365-day a year helpline to give you details about the progress of a claim.
- fully comprehensive cover, no matter which car you’re driving.
- a courtesy car, similar to your own.
- an agreed value for your car in the event it is written off, if your car is less than a year old we will provide a new replacement car.
- cover includes named household residents and students, and anyone else over 30 years old.
If you would like further information please enquire on our contact page or contact David Raw and the Hiscox team on 0113 205 1049 (David.Raw@HiscoxPrivateClient.com).